Cuisine : Cantonese
Prep Time : 10 mins
Cook Time : 10 mins
Total Time : 20 mins
Cantonese Style Steaming Alaskan King Crab Recipes
- Alaskan king crab legs (cleaned and cut into manageable pieces)
- 1 tbsp of cornstarch
- 1 stalk of lemongrass (trimmed and finely chopped)
- 3 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 small shallot (finely chopped)
- 8 scallions cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 tbsp of water
- Peanut oil
- 2 tbsp of crab soybean paste in oil
- 1/2 tbsp of sesame oil
- 1 tbsp of good fish sauce (I like the three crabs brand)
- 1 tbsp of good oyster sauce (like Lee Kum Kee)
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 2 tbsp of freshly grated ginger
- Use a nut cracker(or the back of a heavy knife), gently crack your crab claws(Make it easier to cook and to remove the meat from the shell).
- Coat the crab with cornstarch and set aside.
- Next make your sauce with ingredients listed above, and set aside.
- Put it in your wok on medium high heat, add in your chopped shallot and cook for 1 minute.
- Throw in your lemongrass and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add your chopped garlic and cook until fragrant. Pour in your sauce mixture and mix well.
- Add your coated crabs and cover with lid and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Remove lid, stir, and add in your scallions along with 2 tbsp of water. Stir again, cover, and cook until crab meat is opaque. Stir often, being careful not to burn the sauce on the bottom of the pan. Serve immediately with a side of white rice!